The mission of the Club is to provide a nurturing environment for women and encourage them to develop and enrich social friendships, gain knowledge and provide services within our community in meaningful activities.
The Woman’s Club of Laguna Beach is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. The GFWC, founded in 1890, is one of the world’s largest and oldest non-partisan, non- denominational, women’s volunteer service organizations. The GFWC has a long history of philanthropy, social and political advocacy, and community leadership. There are over 100,000 members in affiliate clubs across the nation and internationally that strive in their communities to encourage civic involvement, advance education, support the arts and much more.
The Woman’s Club of Laguna Beach (WCLB) was organized by a group of community women in 1922 to benefit the residents of Laguna Beach through philanthropic activities. They met in a building at the site of the current City Hall. When the city asked the WCLB to exchange its original property for another site in town, the Club exacted the condition that the City never remove the beautiful pepper tree that fronts City Hall, and it remains to this day. The Club built an attractive building with an ocean view at the corner of Glenneyre and St. Ann’s Drive, which is its present site today.